Shaunna Mireau on Canadian Legal Research

Tips on Canadian legal research from the Library at Field LLP.
Postings are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the firm.

November 26, 2008

Surviving Law School

I did not survive law school, never tried it. I tease my children that I will go back to University with them. They pretend to be suitably horrified. I do know that it would be a significantly different experience today from 1987 when I went with my brand new Canon typewriter with correction tape.

If you are in law school today, you have access to help from a really wide network. Not only your small section for your constitutional class, or the people you meet at FABS. Consider this site http://www.wikihow.com/Survive-Your-First-Year-of-Law-School-(USA). A Wiki, with global contributors, a world wide audience, and a very specific goal...sharing tips on being a first year law student.

Law students also have access to things that I wish I had in university. Websites of all of the reading material for a class, the ability to e-mail a prof or TA, University Librarians with Internet access to more than UseNet and listservs, full text of journal articles easily retrievable, citation creation tools. I try hard not to be jealous, but confess, I am not nostalgic for the good old days.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home