Shaunna Mireau on Canadian Legal Research

Tips on Canadian legal research from the Library at Field LLP.
Postings are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the firm.

March 24, 2015

Celebrating achievment

I have been a very quiet blogger lately with a reasonably good excuse.  Since the beginning of August, 2014, I have been working to achieve certification in Lean Six Sigma. As of last Sunday, the formal part of my education in this discipline is now complete.
Why is Six Sigma certification so important to me? That is a question I have been asking myself - most often when working on a statistics question.

The answer is that it is important to me to perform at a high level. I want to advise my colleagues on the best way forward for their process improvement initiatives.  I want to work with teams who get to that high functioning sweet spot of maximum  output.  When I suggest a path, I want my colleagues to trust that I am not sending them on the pot-hole filled, meandering,  gravel side road, but ahead of the line of vehicles on that freshly paved, multi-lane, freeway that has great merge lanes, off ramps, and rest stops.

For me, achieving a Master Certificate in Six Sigma is the road map and the compass and the GPS.  The tool box of tested methodology to find the best way forward. 

It was also a lot of fun!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2015 8:59 a.m. , Anonymous Emma DW said...

Congratulations, Shaunna! That's awesome. Way to go!

 
At April 04, 2015 10:29 a.m. , Anonymous Peter said...

Congrats Shaunna on your achievements. It is important to know that the action or journey to excellence is what matters. along the way you will collect many awards, certificates and most importantly skills. It is how you apply these credentials in the real world that defines your life. Great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home